Date Added: 23 February 2021
: 15 March 2021
Job Title: Projects Assistant
Working For: Centre for Economic Policy Research (CEPR)
Salary: £23,000 to £25,000, depending on experience
Length of Contract: Permanent
We are seeking an individual with excellent administrative and organisational skills to join our Project Development Team which handles multiple research projects in economics, including two large projects funded by the UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office.
Working closely with the Projects Lead and Senior Projects Officer, the Projects Assistant will work on varied tasks, including:
• The administration of research projects managed by CEPR, including financial management, monitoring the progress of projects, submitting deliverables; and reporting to funding agencies.
• The negotiation of the contracts for successful research proposals. This involves collecting administrative information and providing guidance to researchers on the technical, financial, and legal aspects of contracts.
• Drafting of documents such as research contracts and contract addendums
• Processing payments and raising invoices
• Communication with grantees: sending report reminders, chasing for project outputs and deliverables (such as reports, research notes, etc.)
• Assisting with project events, including hosting online meetings
• Updating various project websites
• Formatting various documents including research notes and newsletters
• Updating contacts on CEPR’s various databases
• Supporting the day-to-day work of the Projects Lead and the Senior Projects Officer.
• Undergraduate degree or two years of relevant working experience
• Ability to work effectively in a fast‐paced, hectic and rapidly changing environment
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work in a team
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Excellent analytical and problem‐solving skills
• High degree of familiarity with the MS Office suite and, particularly with MS Excel
• Budgetary management skills
• Right to work in the UK
• Relevant experience in project management or research administration
• A relevant degree (economics preferred but not essential)
• Other European languages
Closing Date: 15 March 2021
Applications will be accepted until 5pm on the day of the deadline, however, they will be reviewed on a rolling basis priorly, with a view to commence scheduling interviews in advance of the closing date.
Applications should be made on submission of a cover letter and CV to email@example.com , quoting “PA21-W4MP” in the subject line.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.