Date Added: 24 February 2021
: 16 April 2021
Job Title: PR and Communications Trainee
Working For: The Taylor Bennett Foundation
Charity Number: 1150556
Salary: £287.00 per week training allowance – TAX AND NI EXEMPT (take-home pay is equivalent to the National Minimum Wage).
Length of Contract: 10 weeks
The Taylor Bennett Foundation's award-winning PR Training Programme (sponsored by HSBC) is a full-time training course in Public Relations (PR) and Communications, designed to equip participants with the relevant knowledge, insights and skills to work in the PR and communications industry.
Centred on the Strategic Communications segment of HSBC UK that designs and executes all of the communications strategies for the banking and financial services organisation, the programme combines practical workshops, with regular presenting and writing tasks to provide extensive industry insight and allow the development of specific skills. The training programme will include:
Strategic Communications workshops, including:
- An introduction to financial communications
- Investor relations and media relations
- Public affairs
- Issues and crisis communications
- Employability sessions
- Tailored English tuition session to boost your writing skills
- Presenting – presenting campaigns and research topics to a variety of audiences
- Writing tasks – including analysing and summarising data and reports as well as media summaries, press releases and blogs
- Masterclasses: weekly (virtual) masterclasses take place with a variety of agencies and in-house communication’s teams
- Training courses via the CIPR and PRCA
What are we looking for?
- Passion for current affairs, the commercial world and the media.
- Raw talent, ambition and drive.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Lively curiosity and a hunger to learn.
- Communications skills; people who can listen, are articulate and persuasive.
- Clear interest in the PR and Communications industry (especially financial services)
- You must be from a black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) background.
- You must be a graduate and graduated within the last three years. We will accept applications from graduates who have studied any subject.
- You must be strongly interested in pursuing a career in Public Relations (PR) and communications.
- You must be a British national or have an immigration status that allows you to be employed in the UK at the end of the programme.
- You must be able to commit to the full programme (Monday-Friday 09.30am-5.30pm).
Applications that do not meet our eligibility criteria will not be accepted.
Closing Date: 16 April 2021
Eligible graduates need to submit an application form by 11.59pm on the closing date.
Assessment date: April 2021 (TBC)
PR Training Programme Dates: May- July 2021
How do I apply?
Applications for our spring programme are now open. To apply, you will need to complete our spring programme application form that is available on our website link below.
If you have any queries about the PR Training programme or application process, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org