Date Added: 27 February 2021
: 5 March 2021
Job Title: Public Affairs Manager
Working For: Sage
Salary: £55,500 - £75,000
Length of Contract: Permanent
An opportunity to run Sage's public affairs programme for the UK’s largest tech company to champion our customers, the nation’s SMEs, and the successful adoption of emerging and future technologies to support their success in the future. As Government Relations Manager you will be a self-starter managing a hectic workload and diverse brief. Supporting the Public Affairs Director, the global comms team and UKI leadership team you will be a key player in delivering an ambitious, impactful programme of engagement with central and local government and external decision makers through partnerships, thought leadership and campaigns.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
• Running a contact programme with key political stakeholders across the political spectrum and in some cases devolved areas and local authorities
• Responsible for engagement with Government officials on key initiatives
• Briefing and counsel for the senior leadership team
• Design and development of policy projects and partnerships
• Assisting with external and internal communications of public affairs projects and initiatives
• Advising Sage execs on policy or speaking engagements
• Drafting Sage position papers on key policy issues
• Working with the UKI Comms team to ensure integration with PR, social and marketing communications with policy insights and representation
• Proactively seeking opportunities for Sage to engage in relevant debates, consultations and reviews
• Managing relationships with think tanks, business organisations and political groups
People make Sage great. From our colleagues delivering ground-breaking solutions to the customers who use them: people have helped us grow for more than thirty years, and people are driving our future as a great SaaS company. We’re writing our next chapter. Be part of it!
Experience has taught us that when our customers thrive, we thrive. As a team, we always start with what customers need. Through the good… and more challenging times. Innovating at pace so customers can manage their finances, operations and people. Every one of us shapes our culture at Sage - doing what’s right and succeeding together, united by our commitment to each other. We encourage each other to grow in our roles, in our careers and as individuals.
Closing Date: 5 March 2021
Interviewing as soon as possible
You can apply for the role on our website or via linkedin, links below