Date Added: 12 March 2021
: 11 April 2021
Job Title: Research Fellows
Working For: The Henry Jackson Society
Salary: £25,000-£45,000, dependent on experience and career level. A junior researcher would be expected to earn £25-35k and a mid-level one £35-45k.
Length of Contract: Permanent
We are looking to expand our existing research team with new positions with expertise in the following areas and skills:
- security studies
- the Indo-Pacific
- the MENA region
- quantitative analysis
- big data
- investigative research
- Social cohesion
- The culture wars
- radicalisation, extremism, and terrorism
• Minimum of 2 years’ relevant research or writing experience in a working environment post-university study;
• A postgraduate degree in international relations, politics, economics, history, statistics, or related disciplines or equivalent professional experience;
• Enthusiasm for collaborative, team, and mixed-method research;
• Familiarity with freedom of information requests and open-source data gathering;
• Confident writing and speaking skills, and experience of communicating research and policy recommendations to a variety of audiences;
• Demonstrable expertise and interest in one of the following areas: China; the Indo-Pacific; the MENA region; quantitative analysis; big data.
• Experience in policy-oriented research
• Excellent project management, prioritisation, and time-management skills;
• Ability to take responsibility for and work independently on specific project tasks as agreed with project directors;
• Ability to conduct research on a comparative and international basis;
• Ability to communicate with stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds;
• Hard-working and motivated with exacting attention to detail;
• Proficiency in MS Office tools;
• Sympathy with our ideals expected.
• If applying for a role as a Research Fellow specialising in quantitative analysis or big data, then experience of working with SPSS and/or Stata is essential. For all other Research Fellow roles, it is desirable but not essential.
Closing Date: 11 April 2021
Please complete the online form and supply the following:
2. Cover letter – please include your salary expectations, and the broad area of your personal specific research expertise (e.g. security studies, China, the indo-pacific etc.).
3. Links to examples of your published output and broadcast experience (if available), plus any evidence of fundraising/grant writing success.
Link to JD: https://henryjacksonsociety.org/jobs/researchfellows/
29/03/2020 - Closing date extended