Date Added: 15 March 2021
: 12 April 2021
Job Title: Intern
Working For: Blackstock Consulting
Length of Contract: Minimum 1 month with the option to extend
Blackstock Consulting is London’s leading property PR company. We’re a boutique, 14-person team known for being creative, provocative, rigorous and highly effective whether it’s writing major reports, driving media coverage across TV and broadsheets or offering strategic advice to clients.
The company’s culture is more tech start-up than conservative public affairs firm, but there is a strong policy element to everything we do and a lot of work is with major institutions, listed companies and high growth businesses.
Uniquely, Blackstock provides regular market analysis across broadcast and print media - viewable on our YouTube page. Our in-house podcast series has become a popular part of the industry and our core management team has worked together consistently for years.
You don’t need to have property experience, but you do need to have meticulous English and be confident dealing with people.
We typically offer full-time roles to high-performing interns and should you join us permanently, you’ll be better paid than any of our competitors; have 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays); work flexibly in a great Holborn office; have the future option of equity in the company; and benefit from regular socials and a flat, open company structure.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Undertake basic market research to support a story and provide context
- Actively participate in brainstorming and planning sessions
- Dissect a news story, explain what makes it interesting & its market context or impact
- Keep pace of the news agenda
- Be able to pick out relevant stories, trends and insights to share with the team and clients
- Demonstrate core writing skills across press releases, op-eds, blogs and comments
- Be able to create compelling pitches and place stories
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the industry
Candidates must demonstrate:
- Willingness to learn and ability to pick up things quickly
- Willingness to help on administrative tasks when required
- An ability to be responsive and adaptable to feedback
- A positive attitude
- Commitment, passion and enthusiasm in all activities
Closing Date: 12 April 2021
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. We may appoint someone before the closing date.
Please apply with a CV, covering letter explaining how you meet our criteria and a non-academic writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
30/03/2021 - Job details and Job Title amended