Date Added: 17 March 2021
: 30 April 2021
Job Title: Programme Manager, Defence and Cyber Security
Working For: techUK
Salary: £30,000-£40,000 based upon experience
Length of Contract: Permanent
techUK is the trade association which brings together people, companies, and organisations to realise the positive outcomes of what digital technology can achieve.
Overview of techUK’s Defence and Cyber Security Programmes
The Defence programme works to help the UK's Defence technology sector align itself with the MOD, specifically with the department's Defence Digital organisation. The programme aims to help the sector remain at the forefront of technology exploitation and delivers a broad range of activities which support the MOD as it procures new digital technologies.
techUK’s Cyber Security programme provides a channel for our industry to engage with commercial and government partners to strengthen collaboration and enhance UK cyber capability, increase cyber exports and to stimulate awareness and demand for cyber security in the UK.
This role reports to techUK’s Programme Head, Defence and its purpose is to support both techUK’s Defence Programme and its Cyber Security Programme.
This challenging and wide-ranging position provides an opportunity to work with senior level representatives from industry and Government to support the development and implementation of a challenging agenda. This role would suit an articulate and enthusiastic learner, with the ability to support the development of new policy and the delivery of projects and events.
• Present techUK as the voice of the technology industry to government departments and key stakeholders, whilst building new relationships and furthering programme priorities. Support the development, implementation and communication of techUK’s Defence and Cyber Security activities in a way that meets the needs of existing and potential new members;
• Lead the development, implementation and management of projects, white papers, workshops, and events that aim to resolve shared challenges between the technology industry and the wider economy;
• Support the work of various relevant member boards, committees, and forums, maintaining liaison with group members;
• Strong interest in UK Defence operations and policy;
• Strong interest in Cyber Security, innovation, and the UK tech industry;
Closing Date: 30 April 2021
This is a full time role based out of techUK’s London offices, however techUK operates a flexible working policy. Currently all staff are working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
A full version of the job description can be found on our website.
To apply for this role, please send a short cover letter (max. 500 words) and a copy of your CV together with your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org