Date Added: 18 March 2021
: 19 April 2021
Job Title: Constituency Assistant
Working For: Alexander Stafford MP (Rother Valley)
Location: Rother Valley constituency
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Length of Contract: Fixed-term until April 2022
Alexander Stafford MP is looking to recruit an enthusiastic constituency assistant to deal with a variety of local issues at his office in Rother Valley. The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of the local area or a keen desire to learn about the constituency and residents and the issues they face.
The role would suit a driven individual looking to kick-start their career, who can manage competing priorities and is keen to ‘roll up their sleeves’ and help out in a busy, constituent-focussed red wall MP’s seat.
- Enthusiastic team player with strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organised and experience of working in a small team
- Commitment to developing an in-depth knowledge of the Rother Valley constituency
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative party
The job description includes, but is not limited to
- Dealing with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face. Ongoing communication may be required
- Drafting responses to constituents
- Ensuring records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation
- Ensuring that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately in accordance with the MP
- Following up on social media queries and comments
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving case
- Logging all cases; monitoring progress and ensuring all identified actions are taken
- Monitoring media coverage, liaising with media, preparing press releases as required (on constituency, non-party-political matters)
- Analysing patterns of enquiries and producing reports
- Attending constituency meetings as appropriate
- Critically analysing patterns of enquiries and articulating the findings in reports and communication with the MP and other staff members
- There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours and travel for work occasionally
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 19 April 2021
Please submit all applications by noon on the above date.
Interviews to take place the following week. A written task will form part of the interview process.
We may appoint a suitable candidate before the closing date if one is found.
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Constituency Assistant Application' in the subject line.