Date Added: 22 March 2021
: 9 April 2021
Job Title: Political and Security Risk Analyst
Working For: Falanx Assynt Ltd
Location: Hong Kong
Salary: Competitive and dependent on experience
Length of Contract: Permanent
We are seeking a security/political risk analyst for an exciting role embedded in a client company, a major global multinational with a broad global footprint. The role will involve analysing global security and political risk developments from the perspective of major multinational corporations, but with a particular focus on the People’s Republic of China. A core requirement for this role is being able to read and understand spoken Mandarin fluently.
The analyst may also contribute to writing the Assynt Report, our flagship intelligence product. This is an analytical service for major companies operating in emerging markets, which focuses on security issues, terrorism and political stability, and the impact of these on the commercial and operational environment of these countries.
The Role is embedded in a long-standing client company and based in Hong Kong. For work in the client company, the analyst will undertake a wide range of intelligence functions demanding an innovative and adaptable approach.
• Be a diligent and cooperative member of a global team of analysts providing rigorous and forward thinking analysis;
• To be able to write clearly, simply, imaginatively and compellingly.
• A good sense of what matters to commercial clients.
• Flexibility and self-confidence: The ability to get up to speed quickly on a country of which you may have little or no experience and to speak knowledgeably and confidently on such matters in a client environment.
• Political and security awareness: To be able to identify political and security issues and their likely consequences.
• Bachelors’ degree or higher;
• Excellent oral and written Mandarin;
• Excellent understanding of principal geopolitical risks and how they affect the private sector;
• Excellent judgement, as well as the capability to identify political and security issues and their likely consequences;
• Experience completing multiple tasks simultaneously and functioning with minimal supervision;
• At least one years' work experience in a related field.
Closing Date: 9 April 2021
Please submit a CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the reference ‘Assynt Application – China Political and Security Risk Analyst, London’ as the subject.