Date Added: 24 March 2021
: 30 April 2021
Job Title: Group Political Assistant
Working For: Croydon's Conservative Councillors
Salary: Up to £30,000 pa depending on experience
Length of Contract: Fixed term contract to 31 May 2022.
Are you confident producing content for social media, and providing advice to local politicians? Are you a member of the Conservative Party or do you share the party’s beliefs and values?
Your primary responsibility will be to create digital content and grow our social media channels. You will support councillors and candidates in building relationships with the local community online and proactively ensure that our messages are developed and communicated widely.
At the same time, you will ensure that key decisions from Group meetings are swiftly implemented and proactively identify issues of political interest, whilst supporting councillors with campaigning, engagements and other work as deemed necessary by Group Leadership.
- To work with the Croydon Council Conservative Group
- To create a full Social Media campaign, lead on the production of Social Media videos, and to organise Social Media activity in target wards
- To work with the Croydon Conservative Federation to organise the logistics of any campaigning activity as determined by the Conservative Group Leadership
- To provide training and support to councillors as needed
- Produce Crib Sheets and regular emails updating activists on the latest local policy positions as well as key facts and figures
- Demonstrable track record of social media content creation is essential
- Experience of proactively generating new campaign/content ideas and working on own initiative is essential
- Knowledge and understanding of the Party organisation at branch, constituency and regional level is desirable
- Knowledge of up to date campaigning techniques is desirable
- Experience of Local Authority processes is desirable
- Experience of being involved in Conservative Party campaigns is desirable
- Experience of working with councillors and volunteers is desirable
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (in particular InDesign, Photoshop and Premiere Pro) or similar
- Experience in managing a variety of Social Media channels (eg. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube) including advertising techniques and GDPR
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Previous work on designing and customising campaign literature
Closing Date: 30 April 2021
Interviews to take place via Zoom in May 2021 with the appointment to commence soon after.
Please send a CV plus covering letter outlining your experience against the job specification to email@example.com
You are encouraged to include links to digital content that you have produced to demonstrate your work. Reference to the job description and specific reference to your campaigning experience in the Conservative Party is essential.