Date Added: 24 March 2021
: 23 April 2021
Job Title: Political and Media Consultant
Working For: Bridgehead Communications
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 (depending on experience)
Length of Contract: Permanent
Based in the City of London, Bridgehead is a leading communications consultancy with expertise in political engagement, media relations and campaign management. We are looking to recruit a full-time Political and Media Consultant to join our fast-growing PR and Public Affairs team. The role is well suited to someone with experience of working in either politics or the media or a recent graduate looking to embark on a career in political and media communications.
The successful candidate will have strong written and communication skills as well as a demonstrable interest in both politics and the media. The successful candidate will: work directly with the Managing Director; regularly engage with clients; develop an understanding of specialist policy areas; draft comment articles for publication in the national, online and trade media; and contribute thoughts and ideas to client strategy discussions.
The roles and responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
• Media monitoring.
• Updating and maintaining client social media channels.
• Tracking and collating political events for use in forward planning and client strategy.
• Writing opinion pieces for publication in the national and specialist media.
• Editing client opinion pieces.
• Drafting and issuing press releases and comments to the media.
• Engaging with journalists and MPs’ offices.
• Digital event planning and organising.
• Contributing to and drafting briefing notes on policy areas.
• Assisting with proposal drafting for prospective clients.
Closing Date: 23 April 2021
Interviews will be ongoing. The successful applicant may be appointed before the closing date.
Please submit a CV and short covering letter to William Walter at: firstname.lastname@example.org