Date Added: 24 March 2021
: 9 May 2021
Job Title: Communications Officer
Working For: Good Law Project
Salary: £34,000 p/a - full time
Length of Contract: Permanent
Good Law Project’s mission is to achieve change through the law. We defend, define and change the law to protect the environment, uphold democracy and ensure no one is left behind. We hold government and others to account through challenges in the courts, or through campaigning for positive change. We are a small and young organisation, but we have been expanding quickly, with increasingly prominent and successful legal cases: we had a primary role in overturning the prorogation of Parliament 18 months ago and have more recently been shining a bright light on the government’s award of PPE contracts and jobs to their friends and associates. We raise funds directly from the public for our work in the public interest, and operate on a not for profit basis.
We are looking for a Communications Officer to produce engaging content that will help raise the profile of Good Law Project and its work with key audiences.
You can read the full job description and person specification here: https://goodlawproject.org/news/were-hiring-comms-officer/
Hours: 35 hours per week, over 5 days
Contract type: permanent, after completion of 3 months’ probation
Location: Remote currently due to COVID-19; ultimately working in central London with some flexibility.
Essential experience and attributes
The successful candidate will have or be:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in press, communications or public affairs, with a track record of success in contributing to high profile stories.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant field.
- Strong understanding of how news media works and knowledge of the UK political landscape.
- Demonstrable experience of writing high-quality written content and working on integrated multi-media content packages.
- Track record of working under pressure in a fast-paced environment – alongside excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Highly organised, able to act on own initiative and meet deadlines.
- Creative and confident in putting forward and discussing new ideas.
- Capacity to work collaboratively and constructively in a small team.
- Commitment to a high standard of professional behaviours, including collaboration, honesty and integrity.
Closing Date: 9 May 2021
Deadline for applications: 11:30pm
We intend to hold interviews via Zoom on the 16th May 2021.
To apply please send us one 3-page document consisting of your CV (max one page) and covering letter of no more than two pages, with the details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line “Communications Officer”.
We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability (physical or learning), LGBT or relationship status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex or social class. We particularly welcome applications from BAME candidates and/or those with lived experience of disadvantage.