Development Initiatives (DI) is a global organisation that applies the power of data and evidence to build sustainable solutions that create an equitable and resilient world.
We’re currently looking for a Poverty & Inequality Lead to join us and help impact social injustice across the globe.
- Pension scheme with 5% employer contribution
- Healthcare scheme with employee assistance programme
- 25 days’ annual leave per annum
- Up to five days’ paid leave to volunteer for causes that address poverty and help vulnerable people
- Flexitime and homeworking options
- Smart/casual dress code
As the Poverty & Inequality Lead, you will oversee and take ownership of our poverty and inequality portfolio of work and guide data analysis on poverty and inequality.
Providing intellectual leadership, you will contribute to the development of engagement plans for our poverty and inequality work and represent DI externally.
Your role will involve:
- Translating our strategy into programmes that deliver our objectives
- Developing clear strategies and workplans for our ongoing poverty and inequality work
- Leading the implementation of our poverty and inequality work
- Producing high-quality research for a range of audiences
To be considered as the Poverty & Inequality Lead, you will need:
- A strong understanding of the types, instruments, actors, policy processes and political landscape within global poverty reduction
- A good understanding of current policy debates on poverty and inequality
- Confidence working with data
- An understanding of different methodologies for measuring poverty and inequality
- The ability to work within and beyond the development sector
- Excellent writing skills, including a proven ability to draw out succinct and accessible narrative from data
- At a minimum, a master’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent work experience
Other organisations may call this role Poverty & Inequality Programme Manager, Senior Poverty & Inequality Advisor, Development Programme Manager, or Development Project Manager.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.