Date Added: 24 March 2021
: 11 April 2021
Job Title: Case Worker
Working For: Wes Streeting MP (Ilford North)
Location: London or remote working
Salary: £13,000 – £16,000 for 22.5 hours per week (Based on an FTE of £21529 – £25,000) dependent on experience and location.
Length of Contract: Fixed-term till 31 March 2022
An opportunity has arisen for a part-time caseworker helping Wes Streeting's busy constituency office in Gants Hill. As an active constituency MP, Wes receives a high level of correspondence from local residents, who are seeking help with a wide range of issues. We're looking for a highly motivated individual with a passion for helping others to join our friendly and hardworking team.
Focused on the constituency, you will help Wes to help local residents. At 22.5 hours/week the post may suit someone looking to work either three days a week or up to five days a week around their caring responsibilities. Although this is a constituency role we are very happy to consider applications from people who want to work remotely.
Key responsibilities include:
- Handing correspondence from constituents, drafting responses and providing advice and support to constituents on a variety of issues (e.g. immigration, housing, benefits) through liaison with Government agencies, the voluntary sector and others
- Attending advice surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
- Dealing with daily written and telephone enquiries from members of the public and taking the appropriate initial action to resolve, document or escalate to the MP
- Managing own caseload and progress of casework
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of relevant guidelines/legislation
- Ensuring cases are dealt with in a sensitive and confidential manner (in accordance with the Data Protection Act)
- Undertaking other general tasks as required by the MP
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A high standard of written English and attention to detail
- The ability to prioritise and work under pressure
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience of dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- Competent use of IT, in particular MS Office, and the ability to adapt quickly to new software
- Relevant experience of handling casework or working in a customer service environment
- Understanding of, and sympathy with, the aims and goals of the Labour Party
- A commitment to helping people and getting the best result possible for residents
Some evening and weekend work may be required from time to time.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 11 April 2021
Interviews will take place on line on the 22 April 2021.
Ideally candidates would be able to start as soon as possible, although we can be flexible.
To apply, please write a covering letter of no more than two sides of A4, setting out why you'd like the post and how your experience matches the job description and person specification. Please also enclose a CV of no more than two sides.
Applications should be sent to Matt Goddin, Office Manager, on email@example.com