Date Added: 26 March 2021
: 11 April 2021
Job Title: Constituency Caseworker
Working For: Shaun Bailey MP West Bromwich (A client of Hive Support Ltd)
Location: West Bromwich West
Salary: Salary in line with IPSA payscales: from £21,529
Length of Contract:
Shaun Bailey, MP for West Bromwich West, is looking to hire a full-time caseworker for his busy constituency office. Caseworkers play an important role in an MP’s office, supporting the MP to ensure that issues constituents face are heard and actioned.
The job is taking the concerns of residents to Ministers or Government bodies and ensuring that residents secure the support and outcomes they need and deserve. Enjoying working with others and supporting individuals and groups is vital.
The role will also support Shaun to run surgeries with local residents and events across the constituency of West Bromwich West.
- A highly motivated staff member to learn the role of caseworker
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence interacting with, and advocating on behalf of, people at all levels.
- Experience working for the Citizens’ Advice Bureau or similar, is very welcome.
- Prioritise a demanding workload to meet deadlines and with an eye for detail
- Deal with issues in a confidential manner
- Good with people and a team player
- Competent use of IT
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 11 April 2021
Interview dates: w/c 13th /19th April 2021
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the email subject matter, please state ‘[YOUR NAME] – Constituency Caseworker for Shaun Bailey MP’