Date Added: 27 March 2021
: 12 April 2021
Job Title: Youth Coalition Lead
Working For: CEASE UK
Salary: £21,000 - £23,000 pro rata commensurate with skills and experience
Length of Contract: Freelance, 1 year fixed contract initially (subject to probation period of 6 weeks)
WE ARE THE CENTRE TO END ALL SEXUAL EXPLOITATION
And we’re on a mission to expose and dismantle the driving forces behind sexual exploitation in the UK.
The Youth Coalition Lead is a brilliant opportunity for someone who has the passion and skills to build a national network of young campaigners against sexual exploitation. You’ll have a pioneering spirit and the ability to create from scratch a programme that embraces learning, community and action. We’ve spent six months developing our brand and a new website (launching end April) which will become both a rallying point for young activists and the home of this new Gen-Z community.
Who’s this role for?
Social change movements always involve the younger generations. That’s why we’re looking for a natural leader who can gather and rally young people from diverse backgrounds to end sexual exploitation. You’ll be a great communicator, extremely well-networked, and an experienced project manager. You’ll understand ‘Gen Z’ (born 1995 onwards) and be able to engage them easily, especially around this human rights cause.
We are an inclusive organisation and hope to hear from applicants from all backgrounds. You can do this role from wherever you’re based in the UK, so long as you have a decent internet connection and are not allergic to Zoom.
- Establishing a UK national network of young activists (aged 17-25) against sexual exploitation
- Working with the CEO and team to plan, implement and evaluate a programme that mixes learning, action and community for a diverse group of young activists, primarily online and sometimes in person
- Collaborating with CEASE’s Communications Lead to promote and platform the work of the youth coalition online
- Overseeing a sub-group of youth digital volunteers, managing their output and being their point of contact with CEASE
- Undertaking the relevant safeguarding and risk assessment work to keep young people safe in their work with CEASE
- Planning and delivering appropriate and inclusive education and training opportunities for youth coalition members and volunteers, alongside other CEASE team members
- Digital content creation
For full job description, person specification, terms and how to apply visit https://ceaseuk.org/vacancies
Closing Date: 12 April 2021
We plan to hold interviews via Zoom on Mon 19 April. Please let us know if you could attend on this day.
Start date May 2021.
Closing time: 12 noon.
To apply, send your CV, covering letter explaining why this role should be yours, and equal opportunities form to Layla Madanat email@example.com marked ‘Youth Coalition Lead’.
For full information and how to apply visit https://ceaseuk.org/vacancies, but if you have other questions contact Layla on the address above.