Date Added: 29 March 2021
: 15 April 2021
Job Title: Parliamentary Intern
Working For: Matt Vickers MP (Stockton South)
Salary: In line with IPSA Pay Scales
Length of Contract:
Matt Vickers, Member of Parliament for Stockton South, is seeking to employ a Parliamentary Intern to assist with the running of his Westminster Office. The successful applicant will be based in Westminster and will join a close-knit group of staff based across Westminster and Stockton South. The position will be paid in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, and have the potential to develop strong planning and organisational abilities, awareness of or proficiency in the use of social media, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
The position would suit someone looking to develop a career in politics.
• Assisting/learning how to manage casework;
• Basic administrative support;
• Analysing, evaluating and interpreting data;
• Assisting in appropriate research;
• Assisting in drafting responses to constituents;
• Handling mail, emails and phone calls from constituents;
• Helping the Parliamentary Assistant with the running of the Westminster Office.
A successful candidate would have the following desirable skills:
• Computer literacy, especially with the Office 365 suite;
• Basic comprehension of Politics;
• Highly Organised, with good record keeping and appropriate confidentiality,
• Excellent communication and attention to detail;
• Happy to work outside normal working hours;
• Ability to learn and take on information quickly;
• Willing to occasionally travel to and work in the constituency;
• Sympathetic to the values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 15 April 2021
Interviews may be held and appointment made before the closing date dependant on the applications received.
Please include in your application a CV of no more than two sides of A4 Paper, and a Covering Letter of no more than one side of A4.
Applications for the role can be sent to Niall Innes, Chief of Staff: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions should also be directed to Niall via the above email or by calling 01642 956526