Date Added: 29 March 2021
: 16 April 2021
Job Title: Researcher
Working For: Tony Lloyd MP (Rochdale)
Salary: Dependent on experience / In Line with IPSA Pay Scales
Length of Contract: Permanent
Tony Lloyd, Member of Parliament for Rochdale, is seeking to recruit a Researcher to assist with parliamentary activities. The role will be based in Westminster. Previous experience in a similar role would be advantageous, as would a background in international relations.
Key responsibilities include:
• Assist in writing communications including speeches, articles and press releases
• Assist with casework as required
• Attend and participate in meetings
• Develop and maintain current knowledge on relevant areas of parliamentary business including Motions, legislation, Hansard, debates etc.
• Give advice on policy issues
• Have working knowledge of relevant legislation and upcoming business including how they impact on the constituency
• Maintain positive on-going relationships with all parties including members of the public, groups, suppliers and Westminster where required
• Monitor local, regional and national media coverage and brief the MP on relevant issues
• Provide generalist admin support and respond to routine correspondence and enquiries
• To advise and ensure the MP is fully briefed on potential questions and motions to be put to the House
• Undertake research on relevant subjects as directed
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• A good understanding of parliamentary processes
• A keen interest in politics and current affairs
• A background in international relations is desirable
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 16 April 2021
Please email a CV and covering letter, detailing your suitability for the role to email@example.com with the subject line: "Application: Researcher".