Date Added: 29 March 2021
: 16 April 2021
Job Title: External Relations Officer
Working For: A client of TPP Recruitment
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Length of Contract: Permanent
TPP is currently working with an international cancer charity who are looking to hire an External Relations Officer. This is a new post created through both re-organisation and the merging of functions. You will report into the Senior External Relations Manager, and will be tasked to support our client’s UK external affairs and communications work to position them as a leading player in the healthcare market.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Regularly review and report on the impact of public policy and regulatory issues including how to mitigate their impact and strategies.
- Draft papers to provide the Senior Leadership Team with the steps being taken to minimise the impact or maximise the benefits of major public policy and regulatory issues likely to affect our client.
- Lead cross-functional production of briefing materials for senior leadership’s engagement with UK ministers, senior politicians, civil servants, and other key policy-makers or opinion leaders.
- Develop high-quality written submissions to government departments, parliamentary select committees, regulators and other relevant bodies.
- Maintain a register of MPs, MSPs, AMs and MLAs with an affinity to our client and the cause; develop programme of activities to establish and nurture relationships with selected politicians.
- Represent at client at key meetings such as the Blood Cancer APPG and the Stem Cell Transplantation APPG, Blood Cancer Alliance, etc, and circulate notes from the meeting to relevant staff.
Your experience will include:
- At least three years’ demonstrable experience in an external/public affairs or lobbying/influencing role, ideally within the charity sector.
- Demonstrable experience of influencing change in public policy within a dynamic public affairs environment.
- In depth understanding of the public policy development process and excellent knowledge and understanding of the workings of UK and European institutions.
- Ability to articulate the impact of public policy on business practice and vice-a-versa.
- Ability to work well under pressure, with exceptional prioritisation skills to meet conflicting deadlines.
More information on this job opportunity can be found here: https://www.tpp.co.uk/job/external-affairs-officer-international-health-charity/
Closing Date: 16 April 2021
To apply please email your CV to email@example.com or contact Mark Childs on 020 7198 6030