Date Added: 29 March 2021
: 9 April 2021
Job Title: Communications Officer
Working For: Robin Millar MP (Aberconwy)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales.
Length of Contract: Temporary until September 2021
• Assist in development of a local/national media plan and oversee its execution
• Pro-active and reactive communications with all media
• Liaise with the media, meeting deadlines as appropriate
• Monitor media coverage, liaise with media, prepare press releases as required (on constituency, non-party political matters)
• Publicising surgeries and news alerts etc.
• Publicise the Member’s parliamentary duties on FB and Twitter
• Produce graphics and video content for online media
• Monitor and update a social media and online presence in the constituency.
• Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports
• Project administration and co-ordination as directed.
• Building relationships with external organisations and occasional representation.
• Any other duties as required.
• Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
• There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours and travel for work occasionally
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 9 April 2021
Start date would be as soon as possible. Informal telephone interviews will be held followed by a formal interview by Zoom.
We reserve the right to appoint ahead of the closing date if a suitable applicant is found.
There potentially is an amount of flexibility with hours with this role. The main base would be the constituency office in Conwy and at least weekly attendance in the office is anticipated. However much of the work could be done remotely.
Please send a CV along with a formal letter of application, explaining your suitability for the role and relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org