Date Added: 30 March 2021
: 16 April 2021
Job Title: Parliamentary/Executive Assistant
Working For: Jeremy Hunt MP (South West Surrey)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: Permanent
Jeremy Hunt MP is looking for an experienced Parliamentary/Executive Assistant for his Westminster Office. You will be responsible for managing a busy inbox and diary as well as responding to emails, letters and calls from constituents. In addition you would administer his social media channels and website. This is a great opportunity to really make a difference to the office of a high profile Member of Parliament.
There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside normal working hours and travel to the constituency for work occasionally. We may close the application ahead of the deadline for the right candidate.
- Proven ability to balance competing demands in a fast-paced environment
- Extremely well organised with a very keen eye for detail
- Strong IT skills, in particular Microsoft Outlook and Word
- Experience of running social media and online accounts
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
Responsibilities will include:
- Open, handle and action email, post and social media enquiries
- Management of main inbox - deal with large numbers of standard constituent queries about government policy
- Management of the diary
- Draft responses to constituents
- Monitor and update social media and online presence - including support with website surveys and content
- Produce online graphics and video content.
- Responsible for arrangements for events; this may include: venue research and bookings; compiling and managing guest-lists; liaising with suppliers; and providing on-the-day event support as required
- Respond to enquiries by telephone, e mail and social media, passing on queries to other team members/MP/HSC as appropriate
- Handle administrative arrangements for meetings with members of the public and key stakeholders
- Liaise with suppliers when required regarding office supplies and security
- Booking and organisation of tours (liaison with constituency team regarding OPQ and PMQ bookings)
- Supporting the team in Westminster and the Constituency as needed
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 16 April 2021
We hope to hold interviews the week commencing 12th April. These will be done remotely.
Please send a CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Given the volume of applicants we anticipate getting we regret that may not be able to acknowledge everyone.