Date Added: 1 April 2021
: 11 April 2021
Job Title: Researcher
Working For: Parliamentary Research Service
Location: Remotely at first then in Parliament at a time TBC
Salary: £27,000 - £33,000 per year
Length of Contract: 6 months
The PRS, a pooled research unit serving Labour MPs, is offering a fixed term 6 month contract for a Researcher/Senior Researcher to produce high quality, accurate research materials at a busy time for our organisation.
We welcome applications from any candidate but are particularly keen to receive applications from Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates, who are underrepresented at this grade at PRS. If this is you and you’re interested in the post, we invite you to join an online lunchtime briefing at 1pm on Thursday 8th April 2021 about the post, to hear about PRS and ask questions of the Director. If you would like to attend the briefing, please email email@example.com. You do not need to attend the briefing session to apply.
• Significant experience of working in Parliament or equivalent
• Excellent writing and research skills
• Extensive knowledge of parliamentary procedure, including the passage of Bills, EDMs and Backbench business
• Keen awareness of Government and Opposition policy and devolution
• Ability to communicate effectively and build contacts
• Sound political judgement and ability to use initiative to complete complex tasks
• Ability to work independently and set own priorities as well as being part of a team
• Background knowledge of justice, international development, women and equalities or constitutional affairs issues is an advantage but not a prerequisite.
• Writing and researching PRS materials
• Liaising with policy advisors, Shadow Frontbench Teams, and Labour MPs where necessary
• Produce high quality materials to tight deadlines in at least two policy areas.
Closing Date: 11 April 2021
Applications must be received by midnight on 11 April 2021.
Interviews and start date ASAP after closing date.
Please send CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org