Date Added: 1 April 2021
: 12 April 2021
Job Title: Constituency Support Officer
Working For: Caroline Ansell MP (Eastbourne)
Location: Westminster/Eastbourne depending on the candidate
Salary: In line with IPSA Pay Scales and dependent on experience
Length of Contract: Permanent subject to probation
Caroline Ansell MP is looking to recruit a full-time constituency support officer to join her team working for her constituents in sunny Eastbourne, East Sussex.
The successful candidate will be committed to helping the MP in pro-active project work delivering on key priorities for the constituency.
Experience of working for an MP is desirable but not essential and opportunities to develop skills in post will be very much supported. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, particularly in social media production and will quickly establish themselves as an integral part of friendly and professional team supporting Caroline’s work.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Oversight of constituency projects set by the MP, tracking actions, progressing plans, identifying opportunities
- Assisting with related parliamentary questions and speeches
- Arranging events, visits and meetings, including ministerial, and engaging with key local stakeholders
- Attending meetings, accompanying the MP as required
- Producing of social media content, particularly Facebook
- Supporting proactive communication and engagement with constituents
- Working collaboratively and flexibly with all members of the team to support the office’s wider work
- Working within data protection regulations
Skills & Attributes:
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and interpersonal
- Research skills
- IT skills, MS Office Applications, video production, infographics, website
- Able to work at pace and under pressure of deadlines
- Creative & collaborative
- Team player
- Flexible – the role may require working outside of regular office hours
- Sense of humour - or a willingness to put up with the office manager’s!
- Interest in current affairs and sympathy with the Conservative agenda, notably, levelling up life chances and protecting and enhancing the natural environment.
Team members are working remotely at the time of advertising with plans for a staged return as appropriate, to both the local constituency office, based a very short walk from Eastbourne Station, and/or Westminster.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 12 April 2021
As soon as possible or by negotiation and subject to notice periods etc
Interviews, currently planned to be held by Zoom or Teams with Caroline and the Office Manager, will be scheduled for Wednesday 21st/Thursday 22nd April.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com outlining your suitability for the role with a subject line: Constituency Support Officer
Shortlisted candidates will be notified of their success by email by Friday 16th April. They will be sent a run of short tasks, designed simply to highlight their approach and illustrate their thinking, and give a glimpse of their creativity and resourcefulness. This should take no more than 60 minutes in total and be returned by 5 p.m. Monday 19th April.