Date Added: 1 April 2021
: 16 April 2021
Job Title: Employed Intern
Working For: Natalie Elphicke MP (Dover)
Location: Walmer, Kent (currently working remotely due to Covid-19)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: 4-6 months
Natalie Elphicke MP is seeking an Employed Intern based in her constituency.
The successful candidate will be a pro-active and hardworking individual, with strong communication, IT and organisational skills. The role will provide an opportunity to experience a varied workload.
Responsibilities may include:
• Assisting on projects, supporting the casework team or other members of the team as required
• Assisting with the drafting and posting of social media content
• Drafting policy responses
• Using caseworker.mp software to log incoming cases
• Ensuring records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with GDPR
Key Skills and Values
• Strong communication and organisational skills and the ability to take initiative
• Hardworking, flexible, pro-active team player, with the ability to work to tight deadlines
• IT Skills (Experience using social media, Microsoft packages and the web)
• Good attention to detail
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 16 April 2021
Interviews are expected to be held online on Friday 23 April 2021 and the successful applicant in post as soon as possible.
Please submit your CV and a 1-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Intern: [your name]” as your email subject line. Due to the large volume of applications we will be unable to provide individual feedback.