Date Added: 1 April 2021
: 31 May 2021
Job Title: Head of Programme: Nations and Regions
Working For: techUK
Location: Anywhere in the UK
Salary: £43,000-£50,000 based upon experience
Length of Contract: Permanent
techUK's Nations and Regions Programme is aimed at engaging the public and private sector to support our nations and regions reinvent and recover in the aftermath of COVID-19. We believe that it is essential that we plan for a levelled-up recovery and that digital technology plays a vital role in enabling that.
techUK has already published a series of reports known as “Building the future we need” based on Digital Dialogues that we held with Nations and Regions across the UK which explored the digital strengths and weaknesses of those areas.
This role will be at the forefront of how techUK leverages our existing programme offering to support and increase the local digital capital (from skills to infrastructure) of our nations and regions.
You will be leading techUK’s work to increase our presence in the UK’s nations and regions, building communities and expanding our membership. You will work closely with our policy team – ensuring that our national policy proposition is based on a proper understanding of local experiences – and our wider market programme teams as you identify where techUK can help to deliver better local outcomes for People, Society, Economy and Planet.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual with strong community building capabilities and experiences. You will be the focal point for our Nations and Regions work, engaging with senior stakeholders in our membership and key stakeholders in our nations and regions. You will report into the Director for Markets.
- A self-motivated individual who is comfortable managing projects across multiple teams
- Has strong community-building and networking skills
- Is able to articulate, explain and sell the benefits of techUK to a range of audiences from stakeholders in our nations and regions to potential new members
- Can identify areas and issues where techUK can add value to local stakeholders and members and build a proposition from techUK’s existing programmes
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of the broad UK tech landscape and the positioning and role of techUK
- Ability to manage multiple events concurrently
- Comfortable with and has experience of working with board level executives
Closing Date: 31 May 2021
You will be contacted if you are shortlised for the position. Due to the volume of applications received, if you have not heard back within 3 weeks of applying, please deem your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.
A full version of the job description can be found on our website.
To apply for this role, please send a short cover letter (max. 500 words) and a copy of your CV together with your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to the commencement of employment.