Date Added: 1 April 2021
: 23 April 2021
Job Title: Head of Office
Working For: The Rt Hon Conor Burns MP (Bournemouth West)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: Permanent
The Rt Hon Conor Burns, MP for Bournemouth West, is looking to appoint an experienced full-time Westminster-based Head of Office. Leading a busy office and diverse team, the successful applicant will be responsible for managing the team based in the constituency and in London. They will have full oversight and responsibility for all aspects of Parliamentary and constituency support. Prior experience of working in Parliament is important.
The key task is to work with the team based in London and Bournemouth to ensure an efficient, friendly and prompt service is offered to constituents, and to support Mr Burns in his Parliamentary and constituency duties.
• Proactively manage the parliamentary team, offering support and information needed to advance their own roles.
• Proactively, accurately and promptly manage the Inbox, moving incoming messages that need action and reply to the team member with the relevant responsibility, and processing those within the scope of this role
• Manage the diary, in co-operation with Bournemouth staff as relevant, providing or facilitating clear and concise briefings for all meetings and visits
• Answer incoming telephone calls in a friendly and courteous manner, as first point of contact
• Take responsibility for constituents’ correspondence on policy issues, liaising as relevant with the Casework team in Bournemouth
• Provide administrative support in relation to MPs’ expenses scheme via IPSA Online
Candidates should have the following skills, experience and qualities:
• Prior experience of working at the Palace of Westminster, with first-hand understanding of how an MP’s office functions
• Highly organised with the ability to manage and prioritise workload
• A strong work ethic and a willingness to be flexible to the demands of a busy office
• Good IT skills including knowledge of Word and Excel, and the ability to work with social media platforms. Experience with IPSA Online and the Caseworker database an advantage
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including a good telephone manner
• Team player; enthusiastic and reliable
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
Full job description provided on request.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 23 April 2021
Interviews may begin and an appointment be made before closing date. Start date as soon as possible.
Applications to email@example.com.
Please submit CV under cover of a letter explaining why you believe you are equipped to carry out the job to a high standard.
All applications will be acknowledged.