Date Added: 1 April 2021
: 16 April 2021
Job Title: Public Affairs Manager (Fixed Term Contract)
Working For: Network Rail
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire (but can be flexible)
Salary: £32,740 - £36,832
Length of Contract: 12 months fixed term contract
About the role
- Devise, develop, implement and report on activities which support the delivery of the objectives contained in Network Rail’s corporate communications strategy.
- Develop a programme of proactive engagement with Members of Parliaments or relevant legislative or other assemblies on behalf of Network Rail and seeking to highlight the company’s plans, activities and strategies.
- Manage designated public affairs activities, including meetings, receptions and tours within agreed financial budgets.
- Identify activities and key messages that support Network Rail’s business objectives and key operational imperatives. Maintain an awareness of events and programmed company activities that may require planned public affairs activities.
- Develop and implement public affairs activities which are fully co-ordinated and consistent with other communications strategies and activities.
- Establish an effective network of internal and external contacts as appropriate to carry out the public affairs function.
- Significant experience in public affairs / lobbying / local government
- High standards of written and spoken communication
- The experience and personal credibility to work effectively with senior managers
- Strong influencing skills
- Proven ability to grasp, understand and promote complex and sensitive issues in a persuasive and sensible way
- Ability to develop and maintain a wide network of stakeholder contacts
- A proven understanding of all relevant political calendars and legislative assemblies
- Educated to degree level
- Relevant professional qualifications
- Evidence of continuing professional development
Closing Date: 16 April 2021
For selected candidates, an initial interview will take place virtually via Microsoft Teams. Where possible, this will be followed up by a second round interview in person (following all Covid-safe procedures).
To apply for role, go to https://www.networkrail.co.uk/careers and search for vacancy IRC 2209115. A writng task may be set to decide who to take forward for interview.
If you have any questions about the role or company, please email Toby Elliott (head of communications, Western route) at email@example.com
(If role is not displaying on website, please wait 24 hours as it can sometimes take a little while to appear).