Date Added: 1 April 2021
: 23 April 2021
Job Title: Constituency Caseworker
Working For: The Rt Hon Conor Burns MP
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: Permanent
The Rt Hon Conor Burns, MP for Bournemouth West, has a vacancy for a full-time caseworker, based in the constituency office in Bournemouth.
Experience of working in the community and the ability to learn quickly are essential, and an understanding of public affairs is desirable. Preference will be given to local candidates who know Bournemouth and the issues that its residents and businesses face. The successful candidate will join a diverse team based at Westminster and in the constituency.
Skills required include:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to provide a compassionate, high-quality service to constituents
• High degree of personal and political sensitivity, with a sympathetic telephone manner
• Confidence to meet people on a one to one basis
• Awareness of central and local government structures, and the ability to undertake research on casework issues
• Ability to use own initiative, prioritise workload and proactively work through complex issues with constituents
• Good IT skills, knowledge of MS Office package, an ability to work with social media platforms and to adapt to new software programmes
The preferred candidate will be a strong team player; once trained in the detail of the role, be able to work without frequent supervision; be self-motivated and able to cope with pressure; and understand and work within Data Protection principles, respecting the confidentiality of data at all times.
The Ideal candidate will be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Full job description available on request (via email address below).
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 23 April 2021
Interviews may begin and an appointment be made before closing date. Start date as soon as possible.
Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit CV under cover of a letter explaining why you believe you can carry out the job to a high standard.
All applications will be acknowledged.