Date Added: 25 May 2021
: 9 July 2021
Job Title: Chief of Staff
Working For: Douglas Ross, Leader of the Scottish Conservative Party
Location: Edinburgh, with occasional travel to London
Length of Contract: Permanent
Douglas Ross is Member of the Scottish Parliament for the Highlands and Islands region and Member of Parliament for Moray. The role is based in Edinburgh with travel to London on occasion.
• Chief of Staff and Advisor to the Leader of the Party in Scotland.
• Oversee day-to-day operation of the Leader’s office and manage a small team.
• Act as principal liaison between both internal and external stakeholders.
• Maintain an overview of the political landscape and provide advice and counsel to the Leader.
• Prepare the Leader for meetings and attend appointments on the Leader’s behalf where appropriate.
• Brief the Leader on urgent issues as they arise.
• Undertake projects for the Leader.
• Strong political judgement.
• A track-record working with senior figures in politics, business etc.
• Ability to manage a demanding workload, and to make judgements around competing priorities for the Leader’s team.
• Good knowledge of the workings of all levels of Government in Scotland and across the United Kingdom.
• Highly skilled in verbal and written communication.
• Able to work flexibly to meet the demands of the role and sympathetic to the aims and values of the Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party.
• Full driving licence.
Closing Date: 9 July 2021
Interviews will be arranged on a rolling basis.
Please submit a CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, based on the job description, to Rosie.Matheson@scottishconservatives.com by 5pm on the closing date. Interviews will be arranged on a rolling basis.