Date Added: 9 July 2021
: 31 July 2021
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Jason McCartney MP (Colne Valley)
Location: Colne Valley (W Yorks) or Parliament
Salary: In line with IPSA Pay scales
Length of Contract: Permanent, subject to 6 months probation
* Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face.
* Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately.
* Assist with surgeries and other meetings and follow up as appropriate
* Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation;
* Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken;
* Ensure all enquiries are dealt with in a timely manner;
* There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours and travel for work occasionally.
* Organised and able to prioritise a demanding workload to meet tight deadlines given;
* Strong oral and written communication skills;
* Confident at speaking to people at all levels;
* Awareness and understanding of current political issues and how Parliament works;
* Sympathetic to the aims and objectives of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 31 July 2021
Closing Date: Close of play 31st July, 2021. Interviews will be held as soon as possible, with an aim to start in late August, 2021.
The appointment to the role may be made prior to the closing date. Therefore, please submit your application ASAP.
Please send a cover letter setting out in detail why you are suitable for this role and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org