Date Added: 31 July 2021
: 30 September 2021
Job Title: Head of Policy and Government Relations (EMEA)
Working For: Wise (Formerly Transferwise)
Salary: £70,000-£100,000 GBP
Length of Contract: Permanent
Since 2011, Wise has had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
We’re looking for a Head of Policy and Government Relations (EMEA) to join our London office to advance our policy and advocacy objectives and help us get closer to achieving our mission. You’ll work closely with the product, communications, banking, legal, and compliance teams and join our small but mighty policy team scattered across North America and Europe.
This is not your typical government relations job. It’s much broader. You’ll have radical autonomy to help us achieve our policy objectives and drive outcomes for our customers. You’ll help raise our profile and establish relationships with key policymakers and stakeholders. And you’ll understand how to translate complicated financial technology matters into compelling consumer-oriented issue advocacy campaigns.
- Lead a small team of Wisers focused on policy engagement and consumer education campaigns
- Develop and execute our regulatory and legislative advocacy strategy across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa
- Build relationships with key policymakers and other stakeholders while increasing Wise’s influence and visibility
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify policy goals that complement our growth strategy
- Ensure that laws, regulations, and industry standards allow us to create the best product for our Wise customers, including:
– Transparent pricing on international payments by all industry participants;
– Instant, low-cost, 24/7 payment systems that we can access directly; and
– Onboarding and payment regulations that create as little customer friction as possible
Full job details can be found here:
Closing Date: 30 September 2021