Date Added: 20 August 2021
: 15 September 2021
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Rt Hon David Mundell MP (Dumfriesshire Clydesdale Tweeddale)
Location: Moffat, Dumfries and Galloway
Salary: In line with IPSA payscale
Length of Contract: Permanent
This role will be based in the Dumfriesshire, Clydesdale and Tweeddale constituency office in Moffat, with the possibility of some remote working.
Full Time 40 hours per week.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
• Dealing with a variety of individual casework issues, working alongside an experienced team
• Logging and monitoring the progress of constituent cases
• Drafting responses to constituent queries
• Dealing with telephone calls from constituents
• Handling administrative arrangements for meetings with members of the public/MP surgeries
• Retaining records and information confidentially in accordance with data protection laws
Skills and experience required:
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines
• A sympathetic manner with an ability to deal with difficult situations
• Problem solver with good administrative skills
• Confident and competent use of IT
• the ability to work effectively as part of a small team
• Good local knowledge of the constituency would be helpful
• A can do and flexible attitude
• An interest in current affairs and politics and supportive of the values of the Conservative and Unionist Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 15 September 2021
We are hoping to hold interviews in September 2021 with a start date in October.
Please email your CV with a covering letter on why you would suitable for this position to email@example.com.