Date Added: 23 August 2021
: 30 September 2021
Job Title: Policy Manager/Associate Director, Technology
Working For: Public First
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 , £50,000 - £55,000
Length of Contract: Permanent
Public First is a specialist consultancy, helping charities, philanthropists, public sector bodies and global brands improve public policy. Based in London, we have worked in more than two dozen international markets.
We are part think tank, part strategic consultancy, part polling company, and part communications agency. In other words, we bring together the different disciplines that make policy happen and work.
Our team has been recruited from the most senior levels of government, the civil service, Parliament, political campaigns, think thanks, opinion research and the media. Our staff have been active in each of the main political parties. We are divided politically, but united by a desire to do rigorous, work that has a real world impact on policy and its implementation. We believe our differences make our work better.
We are looking for the right person/people to come and join our growing technology practice. We are open to the level of seniority that this role might cover but we expect you will come from some type of policy background and have a specialism in tech policy.
The role will include some or all the following key responsibilities:
• Leading or supporting individual projects within the technology practice.
• Providing expertise in particular areas of technology policy.
• Contributing to broader projects within the practice and across different practices.
• Maintaining and further building strong networks across the technology sector in the UK.
The role will require the following skills and experience:
• Experience within the technology field from a policy perspective.
• Familiarity with government, Westminster and policymaking and politics.
• Ability to write clearly, incisively and precisely about policy.
• Ability to handle quantitative data.
• The ability to be able to present, verbally, conclusions from our work.
• A willingness to work flexibly across a small organisation.
Closing Date: 30 September 2021
We will be interviewing on a rolling basis and may appoint before the closing date.
A full role profile can be found at http://www.publicfirst.co.uk/were-hiring.html
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in employment and we welcome applications from all members of the community. We would particularly like to encourage applications from women and from people who are from an ethnic minority background.
If you’re interested, please send a copy of a CV, a short covering letter outlining how you fit the criteria and two examples of writing to firstname.lastname@example.org