Date Added: 23 August 2021
: 27 September 2021
Job Title: External Engagement Officer
Working For: Westminster Forum Projects
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Length of Contract: Permanent
We’re currently recruiting for a communications specialist to support all aspects of our external engagement. The role will sit in our comms team but maintain close contact with all areas of the business, responding to and escalating stakeholder feedback and regularly updating website and email text to help keep our contacts in government, business and beyond apprised of developments in our busy conference programme.
• Directly responding to stakeholder correspondence on a range of complex issues - from timing and agendas to funding and impartiality;
• Drafting sensitive correspondence for editorial, delegate relations and accounts teams where necessary;
• Providing general ad hoc support to editorial team - including getting involved in the drafting of speaker invitations and helping to shape conference and session descriptions;
• Drafting email templates notifying delegates of programme and timing updates; and
• Updating website text and working with the IT team to help improve online user experience.
This is a varied role in a fast-paced environment and the right candidate will be proven self-starter who is capable of managing their workload independently and doesn’t shy away from taking on a broad range of comms-related responsibilities and tasks at short notice.
What we’re looking for:
• Solid work experience - in communications, public relations, content writing, journalism or similar fields;
• Excellent written communication skills - the ability to convey complex information succinctly and draft bespoke correspondence for a range of contexts and stakeholders;
• Quick learners who can absorb the finer points of our funding model and business practices;
• Strong diplomacy and problem-solving skills, with an eye towards improving stakeholder relationships; and
• Excellent organisational and time management skills.
• Westminster Forum Projects is a market leader in organising impartial, senior-level seminars on public policy, growing consistently for more than 15 years
• Our work enjoys considerable support from legislators, government, professional bodies, industry, the third sector, and amongst interest groups
• Based in Bracknell, Berkshire, with convenient rail and road links
Closing Date: 27 September 2021
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating current salary and why you believe you would be suitable for the role. Examples of web content or anonymised correspondence are welcome