Date Added: 24 August 2021
: 17 September 2021
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Darren Henry MP (Broxtowe)
Location: Stapleford, Nottingham
Salary: In line with IPSA pay payscales
Length of Contract: Fixed term initially
An excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, customer focussed individual to join our busy and dynamic team supporting the constituents of Broxtowe
The ideal applicant will have experience from working in customer service and/or complaints management; a strong work ethic; excellent attention to detail; and be willing to work as a team player.
A full driving licence is desirable for this position, as it may be necessary to drive within the constituency.
The role will be principally based in the Constituency Office, in Stapleford town centre
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Deal with large numbers of standard queries as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face. Ongoing communications may be required.
• Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases
• Liaise with Government departments, executive agencies, local government and charities to resolve constituency matters
• Draft responses to constituents
• Assist surgeries, public meetings and other visits, and follow up as appropriate
• Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with data protection legislation
• Ensure that each case is logged, and monitored in order to receive a timely resolution
• There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours and travel for work occasionally
• Willingness to engage with the community where required
• Highlight themes and patterns in enquires where incumbency work would benefit the constituents
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Good organisational skills with excellent attention to detail, record keeping and appropriate confidentiality, in compliance with GDPR
• Team player with the ability to work independently
• Strong IT skills especially with the Office 365 suite
• Basic comprehension of Politics
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience with working with members of the public
• Knowledge of the constituency, and its demographics
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 17 September 2021
Candidates successfully selected for interview may be contacted ahead of the closing date with details of the interview. Applications may close early if the role is filled.
All applicants should send their CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com for the attention of Liz Kelly