Date Added: 27 August 2021
: 16 September 2021
Job Title: Events and Operations Manager (Maternity Cover)
Working For: Bright Blue
Length of Contract: one year
Bright Blue is an independent think tank for liberal conservatism. We defend and improve liberal society. Our primary role is to create and vet government policy.
We are looking for an Events and Operations Manager to ensure our think tank is well organised and delivers a busy and demanding events and conferences programme, including at COP26.
The successful candidate will manage the delivery of high-quality and high-profile events, look after our members, be a PA to our Director, and manage Bright Blue’s office.
The role is ideal for a highly organised and motivated candidate who is used to working and interacting with very senior decision makers and opinion formers.
- Helping to organise a programme of events and conferences, including at COP26 in Glasgow
- Briefing and managing high-profile speakers such as civil servants, special advisers, academics, journalists and politicians
- Maintaining good relationships with events partners
- Supervising and attending a variety of Bright Blue events, from roundtable discussions to keynote speeches
- Attending and representing Bright Blue at roundtable discussions and public events
- Devising and implementing new event and conference ideas, and supporting Bright Blue’s fundraising efforts
- Managing staff members and associate fellows
- Managing communications with Bright Blue’s membership
- Drafting original content, such as letters, our bulletins and briefings
- Updating and managing our website and spreadsheets
- Providing PA support to the Director
- A proven interest in politics and public policy
- A belief in Bright Blue’s core values
- A good educational background
- Extensive experience creating and managing events
- Good writing ability and attention to detail
- A highly organised, self-motivated individual excited about working in a small business and who can work well in teams and independently.
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with a desire to create new work and opportunities for Bright Blue
- Ability to work under pressure calmly and effectively.
Closing Date: 16 September 2021
Please submit your CV and covering letter as a .pdf to Weronika Patyk, Events and Operations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.