Date Added: 31 August 2021
: 1 October 2021
Job Title: Operations Intern
Working For: Focaldata
Salary: £400 per week
Length of Contract: 6 months
We’re offering a paid internship that will allow you to get your teeth stuck into lots of different projects and learn about the operations of a growing technology startup serving several leading public affairs and political clients.
This is a 6-month paid internship with the opportunity to convert to a permanent role in our business team at the end.
The role is based in our office in London.
What we're looking for:
- Someone who wants to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Someone who is driven, can get things done and likes to push the pace.
- The ability to learn quickly and easily.
- Highly organised and good at managing lots of competing tasks.
- Someone with high agency who is willing to take ownership for getting things done independently.
- Willing to get stuck into a range of big and small initiatives and projects
- Great written and verbal communication.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Here are example initiatives you'd work on:
- Work with our CEO to produce weekly and monthly business metrics and charts for assessing our performance
- Work with our COO to plan, track and coordinate projects happening across the company
- Creating lists of target customers and doing email outreach to them
- Finding and contacting potential new hires for a range of roles and coordinating hiring interviews
- Helping our research team get projects delivered for our customers
- Helping to onboard new customers
- Coordinating onboarding for new hires
Skills and experience:
- Excellent academic background
- MS Excel to a good analytical standard would be a plus
- Familiarity with Notion would be a plus
What you'll get
- Work at a growing company where you can have a big impact
- Bright plant-filled office in Old Street with a free coffee machine
- Work with a smart, passionate, friendly team
- Support and mentoring
- Team dinners, lunches and drinks
- Flexible working once you're up and running
- This is a paid internship with a starting salary of £400 weekly (c.£21k annual).
Our mission is to power the world’s understanding of what people think and do. We've won a CogX award for best AI product, and our polling and analytical work has been featured in Reuters, Wired, the Financial Times and The Economist. We are now building a data platform to give researchers the tools and data they need to do their jobs 10x better.
Closing Date: 1 October 2021
We will interview on a rolling basis until we fill this role, with the successful applicant starting as soon as possible.
To apply, please send a CV (no cover letter) and answers to the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Operations Intern - w4mp"
- Why do you want to join Focaldata?
- Why should we hire you?