Date Added: 1 September 2021
: 15 September 2021
Job Title: Constituency Caseworker
Working For: Theo Clarke MP (Stafford)
Location: West Midlands
Salary: IPSA Payscales, starting: £21,529
Length of Contract: 12 months
Theo Clarke MP is looking to recruit a caseworker to be part of her constituency team. Caseworkers are an important role in an MP’s office, supporting the MP to ensure that constituents concerns are heard and actioned. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team making a real impact for the people of Stafford.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, highly organised and a strong communicator. This role also requires a flexible and can-do attitude and the ability to deal sensitively and empathetically with constituents and casework, whilst using their own initiative to pursue matters on behalf of constituents. Applicants should have an awareness of the constituency and be sympathetic with the values of the Conservative party.
- A highly motivated staff member, with a positive attitude and ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience of casework, a public facing role or working directly with the public.
- A self-starter, with the ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence interacting with, and advocating on behalf of, a wide range of people.
- Clear and concise letter writing style.
- Good attention to detail and ability to prioritise their workload.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Answering a large numbers of queries from members of the public on a wide range of local and national matters by phone, letter, email or face to face.
- Drafting correspondence on various issues on the Member’s behalf.
- Logging cases, monitoring progress, and ensuring data is held and processed securely.
- Ensure that casework is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately.
- Providing advice and support to constituents by liaising with Government agencies, local government departments, the voluntary sector and any other organisations necessary to resolve casework matters.
- Organising and attending constituency surgeries.
- Assisting with office administration as needed and any other duties as may be required.
This is a full-time role, Monday – Friday 9-6pm, on an initial 12-month contract. The successful candidate will be ideally based in the West Midlands and able to work from the constituency office in Stafford at least one or two days a week.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 15 September 2021
Interviews will be arranged for October
Please send a CV and a one page covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the email subject matter, please state ‘[YOUR NAME] – Constituency Caseworker for Theo Clarke MP’
All queries to be sent to email@example.com