Date Added: 1 September 2021
: 30 September 2021
Job Title: Policy Caseworker +REMOVED
Working For: Andrew Rosindell MP (Romford)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Length of Contract:
Andrew Rosindell M.P. has a vacancy for a Policy Caseworker to join his busy team in Westminster. Previous experience in a similar role is highly desirable, along with familiarity with the Romford constituency.
The successful candidate will be pro-active and hardworking, with strong communication and interpersonal skills. They must be highly literate and have working knowledge of relevant policy issues and their impact on the constituency.
The job will involve:
- Dealing with policy correspondence and casework by e-mail, phone and letter.
- Providing information and advice to constituents on a wide range of issues.
- Liaising with government agencies, local authorities, the voluntary sector and others to assist constituents.
- Drafting letters to Ministers and senior officials on domestic policy matters.
- Managing and progressing casework independently and pro-actively.
- Distributing casework within the casework team.
- Attending constituency surgeries with the M.P.
- Dealing with some local casework where required.
- Assisting the M.P. with other duties as required.
- Producing regular reports about constituency enquiries.
The successful applicant will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of dealing with members of the public.
- A good understanding of the British political system and local government.
- A good grasp of current affairs.
- Very high levels of self-organisation, a strong work ethic and ability to prioritise large workloads.
- Experience using caseworker.mp is an advantage.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 30 September 2021
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis. Early applications are encouraged. We may appoint before the closing date if the right candidate is found.
To apply, please email your CV and a one-page covering letter to Scott Sherlock, Andrew's Chief of Staff, at email@example.com with the subject line 'Policy Caseworker Application - [Your Name]' included.
REMOVED 23/09/21- This role has now been filled.