Date Added: 1 September 2021
: 20 September 2021
Job Title: Borough Organiser for Waltham Forest Labour
Working For: Waltham Forest Labour Group
Length of Contract: Fixed Term Contract until September 2022, with an aim to extend.
Waltham Forest Labour are recruiting a Borough Organiser to support the work of the party locally in an important election year. It is an excellent opportunity to work on building our success in recent years having taken full control of the council in 2010 with continued gains since.
For full details including person specification please visit our website here: https://walthamforest.laboursites.org/work-for-waltham-forest-labour/
- To work with the Labour Group to develop and run the Waltham Forest Labour campaign for the 2022 local elections and ensure we retain control of the council and retain our marginal seats.
- To work with the Local Campaign Forum (LCF), CLPs, branches and London Region towards this aim.
- To support the aims of the local Labour Party in the Parliamentary seats, including marginal Chingford and Woodford Green.
- To act as election agent if required to, with responsibility for adhering to campaign budget limits and all legal requirements.
- To produce campaign literature, deliver digital and social media campaigning and assist with communications where necessary.
- To deliver and work to a campaign budget and ensure fundraising is done to deliver a strong campaign
- To lead and organise campaigning activity, coordinating with the Labour Group, the three CLPs and their respective campaign co-ordinators.
- To attend meetings of the Labour Group, CLPs and Local Campaign Forum as required.
- To provide training to members on election techniques, production of newsletters, voter id (doorstep and telephone), registration and postal votes.
- To identify and, provide training and support to, campaign leaders and also provide training and support to members on organising and campaigning.
- To work with the Labour Group, candidates, elected representatives and local parties to identify, develop, motivate and organise members and supporters.
- To help build up membership, membership capacity and activity in the Borough in line with the Party’s aims and objectives.
- To work with the Labour Group and Local Campaign Forum to develop local fundraising schemes.
- This is not intended as a fully comprehensive list of duties and the post-holder may be required to undertake any other duties as reasonably required in the context and level of responsibility outlined in the overall objectives for the post.
Closing Date: 20 September 2021
We will be interviewing in early October with a start date as soon as possible following interviews.
Applications should consist of a CV with a covering letter of no more than 2 A4 pages explaining why you are suitable for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, particularly from those in traditionally under-represented groups, and do not discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristics.
If you have a disability or long-term health condition, and require any accommodations during the recruitment process, or would like us to provide any information in an alternative format, please contact us.