Date Added: 2 September 2021
: 29 September 2021
Job Title: Policy Manager / Policy Analyst
Working For: The Russell Group of Universities
Salary: £45,000-£50,000 / £36,000-£41,000 starting salary
Length of Contract: Permanent
The Russell Group is seeking a Policy professional for a permanent full-time post available at Policy Manager or Policy Analyst level, which involves:
• Taking ownership of the development of our policy positions within a number of areas including:
- Higher education funding including student finance
- University finances, pensions and sector sustainability
- Skills agenda, including lifelong learning
• Carrying out analysis and research, including complex data analysis
• Managing research projects and outputs
• Writing and contributing to high quality, persuasive and evidence-based papers for a variety of audiences including government, member universities, and policymakers
There are different competencies for the Policy Manager/Analyst levels but all applicants should be able to demonstrate:
• Experience of working in policy analysis and development
• Project management skills and experience of owning projects and policy areas
• Ability to pick up and manage new policy areas quickly
• Capability to respond effectively to rapidly changing policy environments including by showing sound judgement in re-prioritising workplans.
• Ability to analyse policy issues and propose solutions - demonstrating political awareness and sensitivity to different viewpoints
• A high degree of attention to detail in producing persuasive, evidence-based conclusions across complex policy issues and addressed to a range of audiences
• Experience of using a range of data/information sources to inform evidence-based policy development
• Knowledge of the higher education funding environment and/or experience of working in higher education policy is desirable
A full vacancy description for the role at Policy Manager or Policy Analyst level (including competencies) and our Equal Opportunities Monitoring form are available at: http://russellgroup.ac.uk/about/vacancies/
We welcome applications from people whatever their race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief, or age. We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion as a core part of our values, which are stated in the vacancy description document.
The post is based in Central London. Benefits include a generous career average pension, enhanced parental leave/pay and flexible working polices, an interest-free travelcard loan and a cycle scheme.
Closing Date: 29 September 2021
Closing date is 5pm on Wednesday 29 September 2021.
First and second round interviews will be held remotely and are likely to be scheduled for the middle two weeks of October 2021.
To apply, please specify if you are applying for the Policy Analyst or Policy Manager level and submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org :
1) An up-to-date CV (max. 2 sides of A4) including:
a. details of your current and past employment
b. your degree qualifications
c. two references
2) A cover letter (max. 2 sides of A4) addressing the following points:
a. how your knowledge, skills and experience meet the requirements of the role
b. why you are interested in working for the Russell Group
3) A completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring form