Date Added: 2 September 2021
: 8 October 2021
Job Title: Investigations campaign manager
Working For: TaxPayers' Alliance
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
Length of Contract: Permanent
The TaxPayers' Alliance, Britain's independent grassroots campaign for reforming taxes and public services, cutting waste and speaking up for British taxpayers, is seeking a motivated investigations campaign manager to lead our campaigns exposing wasteful public spending. The role will be based full time in the TPA’s Westminster office.
In the role, the successful candidate will specifically:
- Work under the political director to successfully promote and represent the TPA’s mission
- Use Freedom of Information requests to unearth new primary data
- Use other primary data, such as government transparency releases, to underpin campaign work
- Identify and pursue news stories related to wasteful spending at a local and national level
- Build relationships with the media and other opinion formers
- Be able to confidently explain findings, both in print media and on live broadcast appearances
- Occasionally travel nationally and/or internationally, if required
- Fulfil other duties as reasonably requested
The successful candidate should have the following qualities and abilities:
- Have a confident grasp of the purpose and use of Freedom of Information requests
- An understanding of, a sympathy for, and a desire to promote the TPA's aims and values
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
- A willingness and ability to learn quickly and respond to a variety of different situations
- The ability and commitment to work to often challenging deadlines
- The ability to write concisely and accurately
- Confidence to liaise with a range of contacts on the telephone and face-to-face
Closing Date: 8 October 2021
Interviews will be conducted throughout this period and the position may be filled before the deadline. The start date for this role will be as soon as possible.
To apply, please email email@example.com with a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role. Alongside your cover letter, please provide three examples of Freedom of Information requests you might send to unearth wasteful public spending.
The successful applicant will suggest ideas which are topical, original and would be likely to generate a TaxPayers’ Alliance story in a tabloid media outlet. Only applications with these examples will be considered.
We will not be able to reply to incomplete applications.