Seahorse is an award-winning agency that designs and executes political campaigns, communications programmes and sustainability strategies to enhance both the natural environment and the commercial success of our clients.
Seahorse works across a wide range of environmental topics including ocean conservation, sustainable development, sustainable finance and clean tech with our dedicated Energy Practice. We provide specialist advice from a team that understands the environmental community, exhibits top-level communications skills and has first-hand experience of how governments, parliaments, civil servants, shareholders and consumers operate, think and behave.
About the role
This role is well suited to a strong communicator, with a passion for the environment, willingness to learn and ability to show initiative. The successful candidate will offer support across Seahorse’s client accounts as well as carrying out administration tasks, such as media and political monitoring, drafting and posting social media content, and updating contact databases.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the environment and creative sectors.
1. Monitor parliamentary and media coverage and report results to the wider team and clients
2. Support client accounts with research and writing tasks, including press releases, briefings and reports
3. Contribute to developing new business and creative pitches
4. Attend events and industry conferences on behalf of clients (when appropriate)
5. Help with general Seahorse administration, such as social media activity, marketing materials, and maintaining contact databases
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
1. Strong passion and enthusiasm for the environment
2. Previous experience of working in either communications, public affairs and PR, or the environment sector
3. Understanding of the UK’s political system
4. Understanding of the environmental policy landscape
5. Excellent time management
6. Strong written and verbal communication
7. Attention to detail
8. Ability to work as part of a team and to show initiative when needed
1. Experience of working with political, media and environmental stakeholders
2. Previous experience of client facing work
To apply for this job please submit your CV and short cover letter to Tatiana Yates firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do get in touch with any questions in advance of submitting your application.