Date Added: 3 September 2021
: 19 September 2021
Job Title: Parliamentary Researcher / Senior Parliamentary Researcher
Working For: Tulip Siddiq MP (Hampstead and Kilburn)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: 12 months
Tulip Siddiq MP is seeking a Parliamentary Researcher / Senior Parliamentary Researcher (depending on experience) for one year. It will be a fixed-term contract for 12 months to cover absences due to a staff member taking paternity leave.
The position will be based primarily in Tulip's Parliamentary office in Westminster. We are happy to discuss options for flexible working at any stage including part-time remote working, flexi-time, job shares and other forms of flexibility.
• To write articles, press releases, speeches, parliamentary questions and briefings to support Tulip's work as MP for Hampstead and Kilburn
• To proactively engage the national, regional and local media with Tulip’s work and reactively handle enquiries from the media
• To write and oversee production of Tulip’s annual report and newsletters.
• To monitor correspondence with constituents
• To undertake research on a wide range of policy areas, in order to inform both new and existing campaigns
• To liaise with Tulip’s constituency office to progress casework and policy work through liaison with local and national bodies, government agencies and others
• To support Tulip in her capacity as Shadow Minister for Children and Early Years
• To show clear competence in using parliamentary procedure to achieve campaign objectives, such as UQs, EDMs, WPQs, PQs, Ministerial Correspondence and FOIs
• To show a clear understanding of the Hampstead and Kilburn constituency and work hard for the communities that shape life in the area
• Will have excellent writing skills and acute attention to detail
• Will demonstrate good communication and people skills and a working knowledge of new media
• Will be sympathetic to the aims and objectives of the Labour Party and be politically aware
• Will have strong time management and able to produce high quality work under pressure
• Will be able to prioritise tasks and manage own workload in a fast moving environment
• Will ensure accurate records are kept and respect the confidentiality of data at all times
• Will have previous experience of working in Parliament or a political environment
Details about this job can also be found here: http://www.tulipsiddiq.com/job-advert-parliamentary-researcher-senior-parliamentary-researcher/
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 19 September 2021
Interviews will be held in central London in the week following the closure of the advert on 19th September 2021. This will involve written and in-person exercises.
Applicants should email their CV and a one page covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 'Job application - *Full name*'
Due to the high volume of applications, only successful applicants for interview will receive a response.