Date Added: 3 September 2021
: 15 September 2021
Job Title: Internship Programme
Working For: Tendo Consulting
Salary: London Living Wage (£10.85ph)
Length of Contract: 3 months
Tendo Consulting is an award winning public affairs and communications consultancy. We are looking to recruit an ambitious graduate as part of our internship programme.
We pride ourselves on being a highly creative, dynamic and results focused consultancy. We have sat on both sides of the table having served at the heart of government and led in house teams.
We have a broad range of clients and experience within our team, from industry-leading campaigners to experienced political advisors and policy experts.
Throughout the pandemic, we have continued to grow our team and client base and are looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking graduate to join our team.
The internship will last for a minimum of three months and could potentially lead to a full-time role for the successful candidate. Both of our most recent interns have gone onto have full-time roles at Tendo. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in or knowledge of UK politics and be looking to start a career in public affairs and communications.
The successful candidate will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Political and media monitoring
- Providing research support for client accounts and new business
- Supporting with event planning and execution
- Drafting briefing notes
- Day to day admin and supporting senior colleagues with organising meetings (including producing presentations, agendas etc.)
- Drafting correspondence
- Producing campaign content for social media
- Proof reading documents designed for a variety of different audiences.
We are looking for someone with:
- An excellent academic record
- Strong knowledge of and interest in UK politics (evidence of political involvement is welcome but not essential)
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- A proactive approach to identifying opportunities and risks to clients and teams
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple issues and deadlines.
Previous experience working within politics, public affairs, public relations, or communications is advantageous.
Closing Date: 15 September 2021
We will be looking at applications daily and will be holding interviews as soon as possible. As a result, we may appoint before the closing date.
To apply for the role, please send a CV (two-page max), a covering letter of no more than one side alongside a response of no more than 500 words to the question “If you were able to make one change to government policy, what would it be and why?” to firstname.lastname@example.org