Date Added: 6 September 2021
: 20 September 2021
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Matt Warman MP (Boston and Skegness)
Location: Boston, Lincolnshire
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales and experience
Length of Contract: Permanent
An excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, customer focussed individual to join a close knit office team supporting the constituents of Boston & Skegness.
The successful applicant will have experience from working in customer service and/or complaints management; a strong work ethic; excellent attention to detail; and be willing to work as a team player.
A full driving licence is desirable for this position, as it may be necessary to drive within the constituency. The role will be principally based in the Constituency Office, in Boston town centre.
• Deal professionally and confidentially with standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face. Ongoing communication may be required;
• Draft responses to constituents; log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken;
• Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases;
• Liaise with Government departments, executive agencies, local government and charities to resolve constituency matters;
• Assist with surgeries, public meetings and other visits, and follow up as appropriate;
• Critically analyse patterns of enquiries and articulate the findings in reports and communication with the MP and other staff members;
• Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation;
• There may be a requirement to work outside of normal working hours and travel for work occasionally.
Skills and values:
• Commitment to delivering excellent customer service;
• Ability to process complex data and attention to detail;
• Time management and ability to prioritise urgent cases;
• Fluent and clear written style;
• Good communication skills both within and outside the organisation;
• A commitment to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 20 September 2021
Interviews will be held on an ongoing basis by video calling.
A suitable candidate may be appointed before the closing date.
Applicants should send their CV with a covering letter to email@example.com
The subject of the email should be: "Caseworker: [Your Name]"
Should you wish to discuss the role informally or require more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org