Date Added: 6 September 2021
: 30 September 2021
Job Title: Intern, Public Affairs
Working For: UK Finance
Salary: £19,747 per annum (pro rata) plus daily travel expenses 20 days holiday per annum (pro rata )
Length of Contract: 3 months
This is an ideal opportunity for a bright individual with an interest in financial services who is looking to break into the world of public affairs. Specific responsibilities include the following:
• Responsible for monitoring parliamentary business and keeping the Public Affairs team up to date with the latest political developments.
• Helping support the work of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Financial Markets and Services for which UK Finance acts as secretariat.
• Monitor, and draft summaries of, relevant parliamentary sessions, including select committees and debates in both the Commons and the Lords.
• Support colleagues across the organisation in their work through providing background information, biographies, online research of documents and papers in relation to UK public officials, policy makers and other relevant stakeholders.
• Support the planning of parliamentary events and engagement activity.
• Review publications, copy writing and editing.
• Undertake administrative tasks as needed.
Closing Date: 30 September 2021
Full JD and details on how to apply can be found on our careers page - https://www.ukfinance.org.uk/careers-0