Date Added: 6 September 2021
: 15 September 2021
Job Title: Research Associate / Research Consultant
Working For: EUK Consulting
Salary: £26,000 - £28,000 depending on experience
Length of Contract: Permanent
The successful candidate will work for our London office as part of a small team of researchers, who are responsible for compiling and analysing information on a wide variety of regulatory policy topics (UK and worldwide), ready for distribution to senior staff and/or our roster of blue-chip clients. The post holder will work closely with EUK’s senior staff, who use the material prepared by the research team as the basis for advising clients on their regulatory strategies.
The candidate must be able to work from our London office, located in Westminster.
Those applying for a Research Associate position (£26,000) should have:
- Experience of working in a demanding office environment.
- Experience of preparing high level briefings or policy papers on complex issues at a professional level.
- A strong academic record – please include results of A-Levels or equivalent onwards.
- High standard of written English and very good written presentation skills.
- Demonstrable attention to detail.
- Confidence with scientific and/or economic issues.
- Enthusiasm and the desire to take on demanding and challenging work.
- Good time management skills and experience working to multiple deadlines.
- A good understanding of regulatory and legislative processes in the UK and/or abroad would be an advantage.
- Experience with data visualisation software would also be an advantage, though not essential.
- Please indicate any foreign language skills, including ability level. Foreign language skills are not a pre-requisite but may be an advantage.
Those applying for a Research Consultant position (£28,000) should additionally have:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a full-time permanent role in public or corporate affairs, policy development, political research, or similar.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Detailed tracking of specific regulatory issues, and their analysis and interpretation.
- Briefing senior staff with regular and succinct updates.
- Monitoring the output of national governments and multi-national organisations (both statutory and NGO).
- Preparation of regular reports and other outputs for distribution to clients.
- Handling ad-hoc client research requests under the direction of senior staff.
Applicants are strongly advised to visit our website to learn more about us and our clients before applying.
Closing Date: 15 September 2021
Interviews will be arranged to take place shortly after the closing date, with a start date as soon as possible. Interviews will be in-person at our Westminster office.
To apply please send a 1-2 page CV specifying which job you are applying for, and including names of two referees (to be contacted only in the event of an offer being made) together with a 1 page covering letter addressed to Joe Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org