Date Added: 6 September 2021
: 19 September 2021
Job Title: Associate Advisors
Working For: The Behavioural Insights Team
Salary: £29,285 per annum, plus benefits
Length of Contract: Permanent
Are you looking for a new challenge and want to join a successful and rapidly growing organisation? Do you want to improve people's lives at a national scale through government policy? We are looking for a number of Associate Advisors to join the team in the next couple of months and in September 2022.
These roles are at Associate level which means you will be involved in things like:
• Researching a new policy problem. You might conduct a review of academic literature, conduct semi-structured interviews with policy experts or carry out field visits;
• Writing policy notes or proposals that reflect the priorities of government departments or other partners. At first you’re likely to do this with support from experienced colleagues;
• Developing workable policy solutions or intervention ideas informed by behavioural science’
• Presenting our work to external audiences and communicating key BI concepts to partners in a way that is easy to understand;
• Forming strong working relationships with clients and delivery partners; and
• Preparing project deliverables (e.g. evidence summaries, final reports) with a clear understanding of the overall project objectives
What makes a great Associate Advisor at BIT?
We are looking for people who understand what we do, share our values and are keen to learn and develop their expertise. We are looking for candidates with the skills listed below. We expect to provide training and development support in some of the areas:
• Interest or background in behavioural science
• Ability to communicate clearly and convincingly
• Ability to manage work from multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to manage and develop yourself at work
• Awareness of how public policy is designed
• Solid understanding of ‘causality’
Closing Date: 19 September 2021
Role closes: Monday 20th September at 12.00pm (midday)
First round (task-based assessments): Week commencing 4th October
Second round (interview): Week commencing 11th October*
* Dates are subject to change but we’ll try not to change them!
Apply here: https://app.beapplied.com/apply/5smmz9epdy
You will need to answer a few work-based questions which will be anonymously marked by members of our team. Candidates with the top scoring answers will be invited to the first stage of assessment which will be a series of activities where you’ll have the chance to demonstrate your skills. We always give all applicants feedback.