Date Added: 7 September 2021
: 20 September 2021
Job Title: Office Administrator
Working For: Bob Blackman MP (Harrow East)
Salary: According to IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: Permanent
This is a full-time position primarily based in Mr Blackman’s local office which is located in Zone 5 near to an Overground station.
Key responsibilities include:
• Supporting our caseworkers and keeping track of our filing system.
• Providing administrative assistance in relation to questionnaires, letters or other forms of communication.
• Providing support for Mr Blackman and his staff, as required, in relation to giving tours of Parliament.
• Assisting with office administration as directed by the Office Manager.
Priority will be given to applicants from the constituency or surrounding areas.
Previous applicants to roles in this office need not apply.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Good attention to detail.
• Some knowledge of Microsoft packages, including Word and Excel.
• Ability to work as part of a small team in an office environment.
• Ability to work unsupervised and to strict deadlines.
The role may also require some flexibility on hours on very occasional evenings (by arrangement in advance).
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 20 September 2021
The start date will be by arrangement after discussion. Interviews will take place after 20th September.
Please submit a CV and Covering Letter, of not more than one page each, to Nicola Blackman via email, at firstname.lastname@example.org