Date Added: 7 September 2021
: 23 September 2021
Job Title: Communications and Media Assistant
Working For: ADASS
Location: London / Internet
Charity Number: 299154
Length of Contract: 12 months
Part-time 0.6 FTE - possibility to extend to full-time pending funding approval
ADASS is the association of directors of adult social services in England. We are a charity furthering the interests of people in need of care by promoting high standards of care services and influencing the development of social care legislation and policy. ADASS has a positive approach to achieving a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
We are looking for someone with a background in creative writing, marketing, journalism or media and communications, a recent graduate or early-career professional with a passion for writing, to join our small but high achieving team.
This is a great opportunity to make your mark at a critical time for social care, working to influence Government and policymakers, secure national media coverage, and make a positive difference for older and disabled people, their families and their carers.
Prior knowledge of Social Care or Local Government isn't necessary. We are looking for a creative individual, open to learning and with a passion for writing and influencing sustainable, positive change.
- Experience of communications in a variety of media and social media, and of responding at pace to internal and external communications;
- Experience in producing a high standard of written work for a variety of audiences including web postings, blogs, short articles and/or press releases, newsletters, emails, and social media content;
- Experience in producing a high standard of marketing material, tailored to the needs of our audience and reflecting the overall ADASS messaging
- Experience in using email systems such as Mailchimp, online survey development systems such as Survey Monkey, and project management software, such as Asana;
- Ability to learn quickly about how social work and social care work, and to be able to articulate the essential impact it has in enabling us all to lead good lives;
- Very good oral and written communications skills; ability to write concisely and with sensitivity, accurately summarise and convey complex information to a diverse audience, with political sensitivity/ neutrality.
- A real commitment to making a difference for people needing care and support and their carers.
Closing Date: 23 September 2021
Successful applicants will be invited to interviews, either in-person or virtual, on either Wednesday, 29/09/2021, or Thursday 30/09/2021.
Ideally, the Communications and Media Assistant could start by end of October or sooner, but we will be flexible for the right candidate.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your most recent CV
- A short article (max 500-600 words) on an Adult Social Care topic of your choice, styling it as you think ADASS would. Be mindful of language, messaging, and political neutrality: a good starting point is our News/Press Releases section of our website.
Please remember that there is no right or wrong, nor your coverage needs to be precise as if written by an expert of the sector. This is to test your writing skills and ability to grasp a basic understanding of our core messaging.